Clipstart Release Notes
← Back to Clipstart home
Version 1.5 (7/2/2012)
- Now requires Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Please do not upgrade to this version if you are running 10.5 or 10.6.
- Added "Consolidate" command for finding videos that have not been imported or duplicates outside the library.
- Added AppleScript support for uploading videos. See the help menu for scripting examples.
- Improved performance throughout the app, especially with importing and refreshing video thumbnails.
- Improved error message when failing to import all videos from a camera.
- Fixed tags field on Add Folder dialog not resetting tags value after an import.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper security.
Version 1.4.3 (5/23/2012)
- Fixed Vimeo upload to work with new Vimeo site and API changes.
- Fixed issues with YouTube upload and saving your password.
Version 1.4.2 (4/29/2012)
- Fixed YouTube upload to support Gmail account sign-in.
Version 1.4.1 (3/1/2012)
- Fixed recognizing default sound input for iSight video capture, which could cause missing audio.
- Fixed version check notification.
- Updated to latest Perian component for video format bug fixes.
- Updated help documentation.
Version 1.4 (2/23/2012)
- Added "Publish" command for uploading a web site with embedded videos to WebDAV servers.
- Added "Save Trimmed Clip" command to save a video selection and put the new video in the library.
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion's full-screen mode.
- Added "Get Info" command to show common movie metadata.
- Improved performance of loading many thumbnails.
- Renamed "Import from Folder" to "Add Files", which now works with files or folders.
- Updated contextual menus and action button to be more consistent.
- Removed Ogg Theora support when exporting a web site.
- Removed Twitter upload because of Yfrog/Twitter auth changes.
Version 1.3.3 (3/10/2010)
- Fixed bug that caused duplicate video files to be created if they were tagged right after an import. (If you have Clipstart set to copy video files, you may want to check that you don't have duplicates in your library.)
- Fixed assign tags window focusing the "x" close button when System Preferences is set to tab to all controls.
Version 1.3.2 (3/2/2010)
- Fixed welcome window not showing up on first launch.
- Fixed broken "Change" button in library window.
- Fixed logged error messages when importing on first launch.
Version 1.3.1 (2/18/2010)
- Added /Users/Shared as another default location for the Clipstart library.
- Changed copy videos setting to a checkbox for more flexibility using external drives.
- Warn when uploading a video without tags to YouTube.
- Fixed crash handling an upload error.
- Fixed crash exporting some videos to HTML web sites.
- Don't prompt to locate missing QuickTime resources from background thumbnail generation process.
- Renamed MakeThumbs background process to ClipstartHelper.
Version 1.3 (2/7/2010)
- Improved search to allow "and", "or", and parenthesis groupings. See help for examples.
- Added special "@" shorthand for searching tags, like this: @family.
- Added new "Save as Smart Tag" command for searches.
- Added general preference pane with editable list of supported video file extensions and option for renaming files.
- Added new icon for the application.
- Fixed tags set on import not updating tags list correctly. Clipstart will correct any missing tags in your database on first launch.
- Fixed possible crashes when uploading multiple videos and when an upload finished.
- Several other small improvements.
Version 1.2.4 (12/31/2009)
- Improved default folder and file names when importing to use tag name and video number for that day, without A/B/C-style set folders from previous versions of Clipstart.
- Improved duplicates check to allow skipping or importing duplicates with timeline previews, more consistent support across all import types including from a folder, and never delete ignored duplicates from a camera.
- Improved performance of switching tags with thousands of videos.
- Added support for importing from more digital still cameras.
- Moved timeline temporary thumbnails to sub-folders in Library/Cache.
- Fixed date search being off by one day, added better support for international formats, and switched to YYYY-MM-DD as the preferred format.
- Fixed main view to not scroll thumbnails when resizing the window.
- Fixed renaming a video stored by reference or not copied yet from actually renaming the original file.
- Fixed escape and return keys for buttons in change date dialog.
- Fixed right-click contextual menu on unselected videos.
- Fixed accidentally showing screencast intro screen again when last library can't be found.
- Fixed search not matching on video names.
- Fixed tags not being visible on some videos after import.
- Fixed search not matching on video names.
- Updated to Perian version 1.2.
Version 1.2.3 (10/9/2009)
- Fixed crash switching library locations.
- Fixed crash when trying to report a missing file that could not be copied.
- Added button in Errors window to remove missing files from the Clipstart library.
- Fixed tags disappearing when using play button, editing tags, then clicking on a new video.
- Fixed trying to copy videos to central library after preference changed to keep by reference only.
- Fixed button style in errors window.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.
Version 1.2.2 (9/28/2009)
- Fixed default export folder pointing to location that did not exist.
- Improved check for export folder and warn if it does not exist.
- Filter out /net and /home volumes under Snow Leopard.
- Don't do poof animation when deleting video thumbnails that are not visible.
Version 1.2.1 (9/16/2009)
- Moved to Vimeo API 2.0 for more robust uploads.
- Added support for additional camera types connected directly via USB.
- Expanded AppleScript support to get tags as real objects.
- Added "Edit/Add Tags" menu item, same as "t" key.
- Allow picking the iPhoto folder from the Import Folder dialog.
- Fixed database warning in log on import.
- Fixed little play buttons appearing when dragging a selection.
- Fixed clicking play button plays the wrong selected video.
- Fixed blurry icon drawing in toolbar.
- Changed demo limits: allow tagging 20 videos and uploading 2 videos.
- Minor user interface text and help updates.
Version 1.2 (9/3/2009)
- Batch export feature with file actions and HTML creation.
- New built-in file actions to add to iTunes and iPhoto.
- Post to Twitter via Yfrog upload.
- Import from iSight camera directly into Clipstart library.
- Improved keyboard tagging interface to work with multiple videos at once.
- Improved change date feature with options to set date components individually.
- AppleScript support for getting video list and properties on a video.
- Drag and drop videos to the tags list.
- Updated window and button style.
- Fixed Quick Look and video selection under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Plus many other small improvements.
Version 1.1.1 (7/20/2009)
- Fixed iPhone 3GS not being recognized for non-English iPhones, under Snow Leopard, and on some other systems.
- Changed Quick Look shortcut to space key. New play button (or use shift-space) for inline preview.
- Error message when importing and no disk space left.
- Added "Move Marked to Trash" and "Eject" to File menu.
- Updated help for keyboard shortcuts and video privacy explanation for each service.
- Fixed bugs in the library pane with changing library location, uncopied count, and refreshing folders list.
- Fixed remembering last tags pane size and last tag for year.
- Faster launch time.
- Added command-0 keyboard shortcut for showing main window.
- Improved accounts pane in preferences window to allow auth.
- Improved compatibility with Vimeo and other web services by not caching responses.
- Refresh thumbnail view for newly added videos. This means you should see new videos appear on an import, for example.
- Check for new imports needing to be finished copied to library folder when main window brought back to front.
- Added file actions script example to attach video to new email.
Version 1.1 (6/30/2009)
- Import from iPhone 3GS.
- Upload to YouTube.
- Keeps track of video files when they are moved or renamed.
- Easier to move library to another location, such as between external hard drives.
- Preference for setting space key to Quick Look.
- Fixed timeline thumbnails showing blank for some formats if Perian wasn't installed.
- Fixed video files not copying to central location until restart.
- More bug fixes and minor improvements.
Version 1.0.1 (5/21/2009)
- Added "All Years" choice to popup menu for showing all tags and movies.
- Performance improvements when resizing or showing parts of the main window.
- Remember tags list width after relaunch.
- Renaming movies also renames filename if permission allows.
- Fixed change date command not updating database record and years popup menu correctly.
- Added ascending/descending sort options to View menu.
- Added preferences window with options to deauthorize Flickr or Vimeo accounts to use another user.
- Recover from Flickr or Vimeo errors to allow reauthorizing, and fixed potential crash with bad Flickr response.
- Skip setting tags and caption on Vimeo if the data is blank.
- Fixed stuck progress bars on failed Vimeo uploads.
- Support aliases or symlinks for the Movies folder.
- Fixed issue clearing extra tags when quitting in demo mode.
- Updated help to cover privacy, copying features, and more.
Version 1.0 (5/1/2009)