Tweet Library Release Notes
← Back to Tweet Library home
Version 2.4.2 (11/25/2013)
- Fixed error when posting certain characters and URLs in tweets.
Version 2.4.1 (11/6/2013)
- Added inline thumbnails for photo sharing app Favd.
- Added swipe to go back in photo detail, tap to hide navigation bar.
- Fixed incorrect height and button style in publish screen on iOS 7.
- Fixed button styles in Dropbox import screens.
Version 2.4 (10/31/2013)
- Updated for iOS 7. Still compatible with iOS 5 and iOS 6, but looks best on 7.
- Fixed error 401 when tweeting with some special characters.
- Fixed several minor bugs, memory leaks, and UI glitches.
- Improved scrolling performance and when refreshing tweets.
- Updated publishing to redirect to watermark.io instead of tweetlibrary.com. Both web sites are run by the developer of Tweet Library and share the same storage, so all collections are available on either one.
Version 2.3.2 (5/30/2013)
- Fixed Twitter error getting friends list for auto-complete when composing a new tweet.
- Fixed problem tweeting with certain characters in the text.
- Fixed showing all tweets in a conversation.
- Fixed following and blocking other users.
- Fixed more compatibility problems with upcoming Twitter v1.1 API switch.
Version 2.3.1 (5/10/2013)
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed a few crashing bugs.
- Fixed usernames not being linked if preceded by a dot.
- Fixed taps on links often showing the user popover.
Version 2.3 (5/3/2013)
- Updated to version 1.1 of the Twitter API. This is a required update.
- Performance improvements. More responsive to taps when loading tweets.
- Redesigned calendar to be a thin bar along the top for quick month filtering (and now available on iPhone too).
- Updated the app to use a lighter, clearer design. Improved spacing on tweet profile icons and text.
- Added Storify as a separate choice when publishing a collection, without having to go to the settings app first.
- Added shortcuts to text view for swiping left/right to move the text cursor (or use 2 fingers to swipe a word at a time).
- Added swipe right in main timeline to show collections view.
- Fixed missing "Remove" button on the iPhone when editing tweets in a collection.
- Fixed showing Twitter download errors when in airplane mode.
- Fixed issues saving Tweet Marker position after scrolling.
- Improved final progress screen in the new Twitter .zip archive import.
- Fixed crash when importing large archive files.
- Fixed problems cancelling an import.
- Added import for Twitter's new archive format via Dropbox. Tap the blue arrow button next to Archive.
- Added swipe left to view conversation. Swipe right to go back.
- Improved performance when loading and scrolling tweets.
- Fixed crashes and other minor display issues.
- Updated to support iPhone 5's new screen and iOS 6.
- Fixed compatibility problems with Twitter's API changes.
- Fixed bugs with gap detection and Tweet Marker syncing.
- Fixed itunes.apple.com links.
- Improved performance. The first time you open the app, it will need to upgrade the database.
Version 2.0.3 (5/1/2012)
- Improved tweet layout to use more traditional large profile pictures and tweet text aligned with username.
- Added swipe left and right gesture on title bar to switch between Timeline, Mentions, and Messages.
- Fixed publishing to Storify. You can choose tweetlibrary.com or storify.com in the Settings app.
- Fixed height of tweet rows shifting after scrolling.
- Updated settings to reference "Pocket" instead of Read It Later.
Version 2.0.2 (2/15/2012)
- Updated graphics for retina display on the new iPad.
- Twitter lists now include native retweets.
- Added "Tiny" font size preference.
- Fixed exported CSV file not saving.
- Fixed retweeted name and other text shifting after scrolling.
Version 2.0.1 (2/15/2012)
- Fixed Twitter searches not showing new tweets until you switch collections.
- Fixed accidental gaps at the bottom of newly-loaded lists, forcing an extra refresh.
- Fixed tap in status bar to scroll to top of source list on iPad.
- Fixed loading pane not hiding when switching collections during a refresh.
- Fixed user popover position when tapping on a username inside the tweet text.
- Improved scrolling performance in the tweet list.
- Allow dragging on the slide-out pane.
- Changed keyboard to include @ and # keys for posting new tweets.
Version 2.0 (2/14/2012)
- Requires iOS 5. Do not update yet if you are running iOS 4.
- Now a universal app that works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
- Added publishing to Storify. The default is still tweetlibrary.com, but it can be changed in the Settings app.
- Added support for Twitter's photo upload.
- Added support for saving web pages to Pinboard.
- Added status bar for showing recent network activity to Twitter and Tweet Marker.
- Changed pull-to-refresh for Archive to download everything it can, to help fill in gaps. Scheduled background refreshes still attempt to load just new tweets.
- Changed photo upload to attach a photo and only upload it when you send the tweet. A space is added in between the tweet text and the photo URL.
- Changed hashtag links to push a new search results view instead of selecting New Search in the source list.
- Changed filter bar to use an on/off switch for muting tweets.
- Changed username lookup to use an inline pane with autocomplete.
- Changed favorite menu star to yellow when a tweet has already been favorited.
- Updated remaining characters to reflect that URLs will be shortened by Twitter.
- Fixed not cleaning out old tweets from friends. Now keeps 8000 latest tweets in timeline/mentions/lists, 2000 from searches. Always keeps your own tweets, favorites, retweets, and collections forever.
- Fixed problems restoring the scroll position after viewing a conversation or web page.
- Fixed export command not actually creating the file.
- Fixed bug loading older tweets from the network, crashes when refreshing a filtered timeline, and more.
- Removed custom twtlib.com URL shortener. Existing URLs for published collections will continue to work.
- Many layout and button adjustments for more consistency between iPad and iPhone.
Version 1.4.2 (12/5/2011)
- Added new alternate tweet menu (tap and hold on a tweet) with Copy Link, Copy Text, and Send via Email commands.
- Now updates the archive when your own tweets show up in the timeline.
- Improved scroll position and Tweet Marker syncing.
- Fixed losing the tweet selection after scrolling or refreshing tweets.
- Fixed Instapaper and Read It Later sign-in for some password characters.
- Fixed tweet not showing favorite status right away after marking a favorite.
Version 1.4.1 (11/21/2011)
- Fixed crash closing and re-opening the app (often after authorization) when viewing some collections or conversations.
- Fixed crash saving Tweet Marker for empty collections, and recovering from some unexpected errors.
- Fixed crash tapping on tweets while the timeline is refreshing.
Version 1.4 (11/19/2011)
- Added Tweet Marker last-read syncing. Enable it in the Settings app, and visit http://tweetmarker.net/ for more information.
- Added "Open in Safari" command for conversations to link to the tweetlibrary.com conversation view.
- Added Camera+, Twitter photos, and Mlkshk to the default Pictures filter, with inline thumbnails and image popover.
- Updated "Send via Mail" command to use HTML email with a CSV file attachment.
- Added paging "dots" under calendar view, now limited to 18 months back. All tweets still available by scrolling or searching.
- Faster to switch between timeline, mentions, and other big collections. Tweet Library will do a one-time upgrade of its database on launch.
- Faster to go back from a conversation or web page.
- Faster to use pull-to-refresh.
- Faster to load calendar picker.
- Fixed iTunes links so they open in the App Store via Safari.
- Fixed stuck toolbar when cancelling a batch copy from a conversation.
- Fixed long collection titles not properly truncating in title bar.
- Fixed crash emailing or exporting huge collections. Emails are now truncated at 5000 tweets.
- Fixed crash tapping links in some old tweets.
Version 1.3.2 (7/18/2011)
- Added more recent users to the Insert Username popover.
- Added swipe to right as a shortcut for view conversation.
- Fixed bug not hiding the organize button when viewing web page.
- Fixed reply command not working for some tweets.
- Fixed not correctly loading profile images for timeline and accounts list.
- Fixed truncated URLs when expanding from t.co shortener.
Version 1.3.1 (7/6/2011)
- Updated to OAuth for direct message access, as required by Twitter. When authorization fails, you will be prompted to sign in to your account in Safari.
- Expands t.co URLs to show the original full URL.
- Improved search and filters to match inside the expanded version of a t.co URL.
- Improved inline picture thumbnails to work properly for t.co URLs.
- Improved refresh to download more tweets (fewer gaps and scroll restore issues).
- Improved performance of Insert Username by clearing recent usernames on launch.
- Fixed pull-to-refresh header from disappearing.
- Fixed show conversation from also copying the tweet URL.
- Fixed organize button from disappearing when in the conversation view.
- Fixed recognizing gaps in the timeline to be less fragile with many retweets.
- Fixed a highlighting problem for linked names and hashtags.
Version 1.3 (5/21/2011)
- Added pull-to-refresh and removed reload toolbar button.
- Changed the web browser to fill the right pane instead of a popover.
- Improved refresh performance with faster JSON parsing.
- Improved performance of downloading Twitter lists.
- Improved error messages, and retry requests for mentions when Twitter returns an error.
- Improved gaps to show inline spinner when loading.
- Fixed tweet status IDs to correct a bug introduced in a previous version of Tweet Library. The app will download your tweets, favorites, and retweets again going back to November 2010 for affected accounts, then update the database.
- Fixed post tweet button to become disabled if tweet text is over 140 characters.
- Fixed double loading of saved searches and lists on startup.
- Fixed bug that could prevent older mentions and list tweets from loading.
- Fixed double-loading of tweets in the timeline sometimes after switching between apps.
- Load fewer direct messages and mentions at a time to minimize Twitter errors.
Version 1.2.2 (3/3/2011)
- Added Block, Report Spam, Safari, and Mention buttons to user profile.
- Added tweet URL to emailed collections.
- Improved tweet sorting so that retweets show up when they were retweeted instead of originally tweeted.
- Improved favorites and retweets download to retry after Twitter server errors (fewer 502s).
- Improved Instagram thumbnails to use official API.
- Fixed publishing for tweets that contained some special characters.
- Fixed shorten links command for some URLs.
- Fixed small memory leak when posting.
- Fixed pictures cache to cleanup older images.
Version 1.2.1 (2/15/2011)
- Fixed maintaining scroll position when refreshing multiple pages of new tweets.
- Fixed gap detection in Twitter lists.
- Fixed automatic refresh when launching the app after it hasn't been used recently.
- Fixed publishing collection names that contained slashes.
- Fixed shorten links command for long URLs.
- Fixed blank date button after tapping from a saved search to a conversation and back to the timeline.
- Improved Twitter lists to update if they've been renamed or deleted.
- Improved link highlighting to recognize more URLs.
- Improved date button to look selected when pressed.
Version 1.2 (1/24/2011)
- Added img.ly, twitgoo.com, yfrog.us, and imgur.com to inline thumbnails and default Pictures filter.
- Added photo upload option for Yfrog and TwitPic.
- Added setting to use Read It Later when saving links.
- Added "Undo Publish" command to remove collections from tweetlibrary.com.
- Show "gaps" in the timeline, with tap to load missing tweets in the gap.
- Disable tweet button while tweet is being posted to prevent accidental double taps.
- Increased the default font size, which is now the "medium" of 3 font size choices in the Settings app.
- Increased the web browser popover view size a little.
- Improved responsiveness when typing in the search box.
- Improved performance for many areas of the app while saving and refreshing tweets.
- Moved the "Insert Username" command into the main posting menu where people can find it.
- Always update your tweet in the timeline after posting.
- Fixed incorrect tweet IDs for some new tweets, which caused broken conversations and URL copying. The next version will attempt to update any bad tweets in the local database.
- Fixed incorrectly retweeting/favoriting an existing retweet.
- Fixed email window switching to portrait when cancelled.
- Fixed not saving last selected collection and position when switching to background.
- Fixed user profile images not updating to the latest image.
- Fixed incorrect inline thumbnails for tweetphoto.com and plixi.com.
- Fixed calendar months not always going back to beginning of current collection.
- Fixed local search spinning after a search completed and better downloading more local search results.
- Fixed Safari and Instapaper buttons not respecting current web page after following links.
- Fixed saving date on DMs for regions outside the US.
Version 1.1.1 (11/16/2010)
- Fixed incorrect tweet text wrapping bug that was introduced in 1.1.
Version 1.1 (11/12/2010)
- Added your own Twitter lists in addition to lists you follow.
- Added flic.kr, instagr.am, and plixi.com to pictures filter and inline thumbnails.
- Added multitasking support for iOS 4.2.
- Added shorten links command when composing a tweet.
- Added colored badge in corner of tweet for favorites and retweets.
- Improved retweet confirmation alert to include username.
- Improved tweet text display and line wrapping.
- Fixed initial download sometimes stopping short of 3200.
- Fixed bug refreshing timeline that caused some new tweets not to appear at the top.
- Fixed bug cleaning up older tweets from the timeline (keeps recent 5000 now, 1000 for search, and everything you posted or collected).
- Fixed difficulty tapping in filter to edit query text.
- Fixed web links being difficult to tap.
- Fixed not being able to follow a conversation from a Twitter search result.
- Fixed collections not highlighting right away when you tap them.
- Fixed duplicate saved search when updating the query text.
- Fixed copy short URL button after a publish sometimes copying the full URL.
- Fixed duplicate and unnecessary errors when loading the embedded web browser.
- Changed menu on messages to just show DM or public reply commands.
- Changed direct message posting header to "DM:" instead of "To:".
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0 (10/5/2010)
- Initial release to the App Store.