"Tweet Library for iPad makes Twitter useful." — Brett Terpstra, TUAW
"As a Twitter companion and curation tool, Tweet Library is a huge deal." — Federico Viticci, MacStories
Introducing Tweet Library
Tweet Library keeps a local searchable archive of your own tweets, favorites, and retweets so that you can find important tweets later. It adds collections so that you can curate your timeline by organizing related tweets together. And it includes custom filters to automatically group or hide tweets.
Quick overview of Tweet Library: Watch QuickTime (1:22, 7.9 MB)
Click the thumbnails below for screenshots of some of the Tweet Library interface.
• Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad on iOS 5 or later.
• Download up to 3200 of your own tweets on first launch so that you have a personal archive.
• Import the .zip export archive from Twitter to load your complete tweet history. — new for version 2.2
• Search across your own tweets, favorites, and retweets.
• Filter by month with the calendar to find old tweets. — new for iPhone in version 2.3
• Organize tweets into collections around events or topics.
• Publish your collections to tweetlibrary.com or Storify to share with friends. — Storify new in version 2.0
• Create filters to view matching tweets or hide them from your timeline.
• Export your archive, timeline, or collections to a text file for saving to your Mac or PC.
• Multiple accounts.
• Posting, replies, and direct messages.
• Conversation view.
• Inline pictures and a web browser.
• Saved searches and lists.
• Tweet Marker last-read syncing.
• Username auto-complete while composing tweets.
• Shorten links in tweets before posting.
• Photo upload to Twitter, Yfrog, and TwitPic.
• Instapaper, Read It Later, Pinboard, and TextExpander support. — Pinboard new in version 2.0
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn't Tweet Library have my favorite Twitter feature? → Some common features weren't included with 1.0, but may be added in future releases. Please email support if something is missing so that it can be prioritized.
I've posted many thousands of tweets to Twitter. Why did Tweet Library only download the most recent 3200? → This is a limit imposed by Twitter. I expect it will eventually be lifted, and then Tweet Library will be able to download additional tweets. In the meantime, Tweet Library will still keep adding to its archive on your iPad as you post additional tweets. You can also import your full Twitter history by tapping the arrow button next to Archive in the sidebar.
Buy Now for $7.99
Available in the App Store for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet Library can publish collections to the companion web site tweetlibrary.com. Visit now to browse other user's collections.
5/3/2013 — Version 2.3 is faster, looks better, and features a new month filter. Check out the release notes for a full list of changes.
2/14/2012 — 2.0 is out with support for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's a universal app that also works on the iPad, and it's free for existing iPad customers.
12/5/2011 — Tweet Library 1.4.2 improves Tweet Marker support, adds a tap-and-hold menu for copying or emailing individual tweets, and fixes several bugs.
1/24/2011 — Photo upload, refresh improvements, more inline pictures, Read It Later support, and dozens of other improvements in version 1.2. See the release notes for a complete list of changes.
11/16/2010 — Version 1.1.1 is now available, bringing dozens of fixes and improvements since 1.0, as well as a fix for incorrect tweet text wrapping that was introduced in 1.1.
10/5/2010 — Tweet Library 1.0 is now available in the App Store! An update with bug fixes and minor improvements will be submitted soon.
My name is Manton Reece and I wrote Tweet Library. I occasionally blog about Tweet Library and other topics at manton.org.
Copyright © Riverfold Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved.